Welcome to Fabric Bows and More. I have compiled several bow, flower, headband tutorials together in one place. Most of the tutorials I have found online searching for things to make. I hope you will find a few that you like whether it be for your daughters or yourself. Don't forget to click on the "Older Posts" at the bottom over to the right to see more samples.

Monday, May 2, 2011

What I made this Weekend #9

I purchase the Spellbinders Nestabilities Big Scalloped Large Circle Die Template from Hobby Lobby last week.  I have been curious if these would work on my Big Shot.  I got some mixed reviews if it would work or nor.  I decided to try it out since I have been dying to make something with scallops.  So my first attempt did not work the fabric did not cut only in a few spots.  The second time I tried it with the board/plate that comes with the Big Shot then one of my clear plates, then the die facing up, my fabric, then a piece of felt, then the clear plate, last a piece of cardstock on top of that.  It worked and cut through my fabric.  I had to cut only one at a time which was not to but love my sizzix dies where I can cut 4-6 layers of fabric in one shot.

Here is what the die looks like.  I used the 3rd smallest (I think).

This is what I ended up making.  My daughter has a music recital tomorrow evening and wanted something with music on it:

IMG_7951b

2 comments:

  1. Very cute flowers! Hope the recital went well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I make these same flowers that I cut out by hand with a pattern I found online....using a die would make it so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...