Welcome to Fabric Bows and More. I have compiled several bow, flower, headband tutorials together in one place. Most of the tutorials I have found online searching for things to make. I hope you will find a few that you like whether it be for your daughters or yourself. Don't forget to click on the "Older Posts" at the bottom over to the right to see more samples.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sizzix Big Shot and Die Questions

I have been receiving a lot of emails with questions re: My Big Shot and the Dies I use to make my bows.

Here is a picture of the big shot I have.  I purchased it at Joann’s on sale for $59.99 normal price is $99.99.  They are on sale a lot  and there are always free shipping codes out there just type in Joann’s coupons in your search.  They do not carry this at the Joann’s store you have to purchase if online.  Click Here for the link to the Big Shot at Joann’s. 

 


Here are a few things you will need if you purchase this Big Shot.  Sizzix® BIGkick & Big Shot Standard Cutting Pads.  These you will use for most dies.  They are $9.99 and go on sale for $5.99.  Just watch for the sales.



 

 


Here is the Sizzix® Bigz XL Cutting Pads  They are $19.99 and go on sale for $11.99.  I use this one for my larger flower dies.  Click here for sample of the bows.  You will not need these pads unless you are planning on getting some larger dies it is good to have on hand though especially when they go on sale. 



 

I purchase a lot of Sizzix dies from Joann’s but remember they need to be the 5/8” thick.  I purchased some of the thinner ones and they would not cut fabric.  Some of the dies on the Joann’s website will not say the thickness on them so I copy the name and paste it in the yahoo search and it will bring me to the Sizzix website where it will tell me the thickness under the description.  After purchasing a die and it not working I am really careful to make sure they are 5/8” thick.  If you purchase something from Joann’s online please remember you can not return it to their store you will have to send it back. 
Here are some of the flower dies from Joann’s I have and know they work. I thought they had more online but I guess not.  I know I have purchased some from the store (remember to take those 40% off coupons). 

flowers1
Some of my dies have come from Michaels.  One die you will have to get is the circle one (see below) it comes with 4 different size circles.  I use this for my felt backs on my bows and have made a few bows with the circle die they are really cute here are a few of them.  I have seen these at Joann’s and Michaels. 


flowers4
Here are the dies I have from Michaels:


flowers2
The Large Flower Folds Bigz Xl Die #115970 was from Stampin Up.  Here is the die. It was $42.95

I will have make a tutorial soon on how to make these flowers below with the flower die. 
flowers2a
As far as where to get this large flower die from you will have to do a search for a demonstrator to purchase it from.  I was not to happy with the person that I purchased my die from so I will not give you her info. 
For those of you who have a Big Shot and use other dies I know there are more dies you can use with the Big Shot please contact me and give me the information or maybe you can write up a tutorial on how they are used with the Big Shot and I will post it here our link it to your site.

2 comments:

  1. I know of a great stampin up rep if you or anyone wants to buy some. I use her all the time for my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these!! I will have to invest in one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...